I haven’t been able to blog for a while and the last time I tried to get pictures in a slide show up couldn’t get it done on here so had to post them on Facebook. Now it has come to a New Year and so much happened last year. We finished the cob oven, one of 8 small cabins, learned to make bricks like they did in the Bible, and built half a barn, got our animals and began raising them made and changed plans as we found things we liked better or that made our life’s simpler (not necessarily easier). Things slowed us down and some things surprised us. I learned many a lesson throughout 2013 and it only made me want to dream bigger and learn more LOL!
2014 Dreams and plans
1. get our water well drilled is pretty such top of the list
2. power station this is solar and wind powered vs. using the generator all the time for power
3. finish the barn and add a milk cow and her calf, as well as piglets to our little group. (goat will be bred this month)
4. pasture for the animals so they can’t get into my gardens
5. Plant an elder tree near the house. Hopefully plant out lots of other trees as well but for sure this year I want the elder tree.
6. I want to plant out my veggie garden even if it is just in containers 🙂
7. I will built my herbal shop, plant my herbs, and begin getting my medicines made and stored. I will spend a lot of time this year learning more about my herbs and the benefits of use them.
8. I will learn to make cordials (Lessing the amount of soda my family drinks)
9. I will sell my house in Dayton Ohio as I no longer need that fall back and we never want to return to live there.
10. I will keep learning who I am and what makes me happy and be content in these things.
11. we will keep working on getting the house built of our dreams
12. We will be much better prepared for winter next year.
There you have it one each month. Will they all come true most likely not lol that is what being flexible is for and also that is the beauty of the journey. Things change and I won’t want the same things even tomorrow but that is how I know I am becoming me and yes in one way or another I will reach for these 12 things although they might not be exactly how planned today tomorrow they will be the better for the changes made. I have found many of a hardship out here but I also have found a peace I haven’t had in my life. Almost 48 years and I finally found where I belong in this world. HEHE it’s a piece of land in a harsh desert 🙂