Life ends when you stop dreaming, hope ends when you stop believing, love ends when you stop caring, friendship ends when you stop sharing…
A few years I quit having dreams while I was sleeping, although this was upset wasn’t something I knew how to change. Then I was hurt very very badly and the system went into hiding and I quit dreaming in the daytime too. This left me feeling hopeless and anytime someone try to get me to dream, I would tell them I rather stay in reality, it’s not as painful as an unreachable dream. I would even kill other people’s dreams because I could bare that they could actually have thiers come true, when I wouldn’t allow myself the simplest of dreams.
Then I started this journey to rediscover/ reinvent me. I opened myself up to attemp to find who I wanted to be and change that I didn’t like. (almost a dream) A couple of times I did think about your setting your hopes to high but I couldn’t help myself once that door was open, I was so dream straved I jumped head first into it. All my heart mind and soul were being poured out. Life was good.
Then at the beginning of Oct., a time that usually can be rough. I was kicked out of a program I had found to help me. This hurt me to my core, as I was so open. I began with being hurt and then moved into anger and now working thru forgiveness. I didn’t have long to foruc on that hurt as the flashbacks or Oct cycle hit me hard and the body memories wouldn’t let up even when using every tool I knew to use. It looked to be a very dark month and at times all I wanted to do was run and hide. Then came the nightmares,at first I didn’t realize they had left with the dreams and the month is almost over when it hit me the nightmares are back but so are my night time dreams. The body memory pain, and the flashbacks along with the nightmares were so powerful I thought all I could do was ride it out to the other side.
Last night I realized there was a lesson to be learned in this time. I am dreaming, all of sudden I begin to dream of the prefect little homestead and plan it out in detail while I am still awake. Went to bed and mixed in with the nightmares where dreams, I could feel them I knew I was dreaming but upon waking I can’t remember them. The excitment rushes in I am dreaming, along with it hope rushes back in.
Frist I want to know why did I stop dreaming? (online research lead me to these 10 things)
- I was afraid of the disappointment of not reaching my dreams.
- I achieved one dream and have not found a way to rejuvenate into the next new dream.
- Working towards my dreams had took a heavy toll. I became hurt and disillusioned.
- Material dreams Idid achieve left me feeling empty on the inside and I have yet to see the need for a new sustaining dream which might make my life feel more significant.
- I have been ridiculed and criticized and have internalized the idea that I can’t achieve happiness.
- I am afraid of the power of having a dream and the responsibility it brings.
- I have internalized the idea that growing up means to stop dreaming.
- I don’t believe I am worthy of tmy dreams.
- I am missing that one person who will believe in me and give me the power to believe in myself.
- I don’t believe my life is significant enough, important enough to work towards my dreams.
Some hard facts to sallow and admit but that is excaltly where I was at. So being in this not so good place how do I start dreaming again? This one is amazing!
1. We did the first step up above we face the honset facts openly and admitted our thinking/beliefs needs to be changed. In the Bible in Proverbs chapter 23 verse 7 it says, “As a man thinks in his heart, so is he“.
2. Visualize; Having vision means to see yourself in your mind accomplishing and doing whatever it is you want. Proverbs chapter 29 verse 18 says: “where there is no vision, the people perish“. If you do not have, “vision” than your mind on its own, will wander and think random thoughts and most of the times, our mind will drift toward negativity, which can destroy your life. Visualizing is a powerful exercise. Take a few minutes each day and actually play out in your mind and picture yourself doing whatever it is you are trying to do and see yourself winning and succeeding. Perhaps you could call it, daydreaming. (If like me draw it out, or collage it, or just plan it out on paper)
3. Music; Listening to music can be a very powerful influence. The type of music you listen to will determine what type of thoughts you will have. Calming music will generate calm thoughts, motivational music will give you motivating thoughts and spiritual music will give you thoughts of spiritual things. BEWARE; there is also hateful damaging music that will create damaging and hateful thoughts so be aware of what you listen to.
4. Nature; Getting close to nature has always been a favorite way of getting in tune with one’s own inner soul, which allows your thoughts to focus on great things. Climbing to the top of a mountain has been an example of many throughout history who have solved the world’s problems. ( I personally use my garden, and pulling weeds from my thoughts at the same time as in the garden helps me)
5.Walking; The design of the human body is for walking. Taking a walk has been the favorite for solving so many of our problems today. When walking your moving forward and taking the time to slow down. BEWARE: no cellphones on this walk or music just your thoughts and body walking will help solve many a problem.
6. Meditation; Finding a quiet place and closing your eyes will help take you to the farthest out reaches of your subconscious mind. This is a good place to be and a place where true desires generate. ( for me meditation is the hard one. I do try to spend an hour a day in a quite time as I call it, a place to sit quitely with myself and God. (I know some of you will run from this post because of the God issuse but please hear it out.
7. Feed your mind; Every little thing you see or hear touch, taste or smell feeds your mind. The trick is to make sure that what is going into your mind is healthy and helps you create good dreams. I watch a lot of comedy, inspirational and good movies. When the movie is over, and as I walk away, my imagination is working, and I dream of great things in my life. It is important to choose good positive people and friends to spend time with and not hang out with the wrong crowd. Read good books and articles that will feed, stimulate and influence your mind. (Like a computer our thoughts are based on what we put into them.)
Understanding how to change your thoughts will cause your life to change. You will begin to see a transformation take place in every aspect of your daily life, and as you start to dream again and imagine whatever it is you want or want to accomplish you will discover that the power of the mind is truly unlimited.
Daring to dream is for the mind what breathing is for the lungs. Here is a question: what is your dream? Yes, I mean this for real – what is your dream? What would you start dreaming today if you knew you couldn’t fail?
who will you help to find their dream today?